Thursday, March 27, 2008

Does this explain why my house is a mess and I'm always tired?

This is what I did in the last 20 minutes:

*re-folded laundry that Ben unfolded
*picked-up laundry basket
*kicked toy hammer out of my way en route to Ben's room with laundry
*put Ben's laundry away
*picked up stray toys in Ben's room
*closed closet door in Ben's room
*moved giant box of wipes out of way of drawer
*put Ben's laundry away
*went out into hall with Dan's laundry
*took yarn ball out of Ben's hand
*put Dan's laundry down on bed
*put puzzle together quickly
*kicked two books out of way
*took another yarn ball away from Ben
*gathered up strewn-about yarn
*put all yarn balls on my bed until further notice
*closed jewelry box drawer on way to bathroom
*used bathroom
*changed toilet paper roll
*closed shower curtain
*closed bedroom drawer
*closed jewelry box drawer again
*came out to kitchen
*watched Ben dump a bag of moonsand toys on floor
*cleaned up toys
*quickly took dog bowls away from Ben
*reprimanded Danny for smacking Ben
*cleaned a booger off Danny's blanket
*put socks on Ben
*kissed Danny's bumped knee
*sat down at computer.

Then Danny growled at me--not sure why.

Does this explain why my house is always a mess and I'm always tired?

Danny just swung a flaming ball toy (kids' meal at Wendy's) at Ben's face.

Ben's crying...gotta go.

3 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

I'm tired just reading it, so I'm gonna say yes to your question. :)

Mary Kathryn said...

LOL. And all this compounded by the mental anguish of the Mounties' tough loss tonight. UGH. BTW, after reading this post, Jon and I might re-think the second baby option.

Lydee said...

LOL! You have summed up my entire spring break!

At my place:

The moon sand has been banished to the attic for infinity.

The flaming ball toys from wendys made their way to the garbage can quickly (one was retrieved by the youngest who said, this is not garbage!).

The first time Bibi growled at me (in anger, like a dinosaur, she was trying to get her point across) happened to be the same day an evil spawn of satan attacked a child in my class. That was too much...

Oh yeah, who needs workouts?!