Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why are my boys so exhausting?

Things my children did today when no one was looking:

*Danny ran off after church causing Kevin and me to go into cardiac arrest.
*Ben shared his saltines with Clark--I noticed him holding his cracker out to Clark and then eating from the same cracker.
*Ben tore wooden pieces off the chair in Danny's room and threw them on the floor.
*Ben unraveled several balls of yarn for the umpteenth time.
*Danny dumped out all of the thread/ribbons/patterns from my sewing box.
*Danny colored his spoon with a blue crayon at IHOP.
*Ben threw handfuls of hashbrowns over the side of the high chair at IHOP--it really looked like it had rained shredded potatoes.
*Danny hit/kicked/pinched/pushed Ben approximately 418 times.
*Ben bit Danny on the arm (he left some pretty good bite marks), but at least he's starting to stand up for himself instead of just letting Danny do whatever he wants to him.

It's been a long day. Why are my boys so exhausting? But, truth be told, I wouldn't have it any other way. Good night.

4 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

Hyper people breed hyper kids. There is just no way around that. I am convinced of it. That's why all our boys are wild and crazy. I, too, really secretly like it.

Mountain Mama said...

It's fun to catch a glimpse of what the future holds for me...

Lydee said...

I thought you were going to say, just another day in the life!

Must be why I love my naps.

Heidi Ho said...

Can I take this whole "havin' a baby thing back??? I don't think I can live up to it!!! Just being pregnant has taken the life right outta me!!!!