Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nesting, I guess.

I've been cleaning.

Anyone need some inspiration to do some cleaning, themselves? Maybe this will help a little (if we know we're in it together). Before kids, Heidi and MK and I would have races to see who would clean up their apartment quickest. I don't remember ever winning, but anyway, it was fun to feel as if you weren't the only one in the world cleaning.

Here are some of the things I've done: 10,000 loads of laundry, carpet cleaning, sorting out and getting rid of toys, organizing the play-doh and moon sand into a giant bin, cleaning out refrigerator/freezer, organizing clothes in the boys' and Corinne's room, and cleaning out the closets in the bathroom, the hall and my bedroom. It's taken me (and my dear, dear mother) a few days to get all of this done, what with the boys all over us, un-doing everything we do.

Here's a picture of Danny "helping us" clean out the hall linen closet:


I guess he thought we had made him a little bed to sleep in.

Next on the agenda is cleaning my bathroom, cleaning out the cabinets where all the sippy cups are, cleaning up the family room, and cleaning out the little cart where all the crayons/markers/craft supplies are.

I am still working on the baby's room and will post pictures when I get a chance, but it is so beautiful already. I am so happy to be looking at purple and pink and butterflies for a change :0)

2 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Kathryn said...

This is great. Love your lists. HA HA about the race. I vaguely remember that but also remember that my apartment was not clean that often at all, so I must have been a big loser at those races.

I am also insanely jealous that your floating baby widget says only 39 days.... no wonder you're nesting. I, too, have gotten the nesting bug, so I feel your pain. Good luck with getting everything done.

Adorable pic of Danny, too