Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chinese Acrobats

Comments from 4th graders heard during the assembly of Chinese Acrobats today:

"Oh my God...China is awesome"
"I could do that." (picture women riding 10-feet tall unicycles and balancing silver bowls on their heads)
"Do you think they'll still be here after the show so we can bring our autograph books down?"
"I could do that in 3 years...it takes 3 years to learn"
"Oh, snap!"
"Those are connected with strings...(imagine chandelier thingie flying up in the air)...oh, maybe not."
"I don't like the yellow one anymore." (different colored costumes...yellow costume failed to catch a bowl on her head that was flung to her from another acrobat's foot while she and the others were riding the unicycle...don't worry though, she caught it on the second try)
"That calls for a piece of gum." What?
"Those aren't Chinese yo-yos." (Iranian child said this, after the translater described the next set of tricks, to which I said, "Honey, I think they would know...they're from China.")

It's funny sitting in front of 4th graders and eavesdropping on their conversations! I forget sometimes how hilarious they are.

1 comment:

Lori Deverter said...

hmmm...what do you think my high schoolers might say? I miss those little guys!