Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yummy pound cake and a rainbow!

Wanna make a really yummy and very easy pound cake? Well, here's my mom's (and I think, Aunt Sandra's) recipe for a nice one that we like to make in a bundt pan. It's not too sweet and can be eaten alone or with fresh berries and/or whipped cream (try the new Cool-Whip in a can--very tasty and convenient). You sprinkle sugar into the pan before you bake it and after it's cooled, it makes the most delicious, sugary crust on the outside!

Ingredients:
1 package of Duncan Hines yellow butter cake mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
8 ounces sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup sugar

Directions:
Mix first five ingredients together. Spray bundt pan with Pam. Pour 3/4 cup sugar into pan and spread around. Pour mix into pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack.

Here's a picture of the one I just made:


We had Ron, Arlene, Heidi and Jason over for a cook-out lunch today and managed to actually grill out in between rain showers. Well, after everyone left, Kevin and I cleaned out the garage while Danny played outside and Ben napped. Then the rain hit again and we came inside. Look at the pretty rainbow that appeared:

It was very faint, but it was a double rainbow. See the faint one up above the bright one?


We had a great day today!

3 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

and a good time was had by all! Thanks for the great day! Its few and far between I feel up to doing much. I was glad to get out and about today.

Mary Kathryn said...

Sounds GREAT. I got your message TODAY, and SO wish I would have caught the call last night to talk with all you guys!!! I love the rainbow pics, and will use the great bundt recipe, too. As long as I don't have to decorate it like a lion. OH, loved the last post with "ball" and "yucky" as well. I hope Andrew learns how to do a fish face.

Mary Kathryn said...

OK, now you will see how truly confused I am these days. It was TODAY that you had the buds over, not yesterday! (Still would have loved to talk to you yesterday.)