Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why can't they all be like this?

Hooray for me! I have a GREAT student teacher! She is one of the best ones I have ever had. She is everything I'm not but instead of hating her for it, I love her! She is calm and collected, she is organized, on-time, she has practically her entire placement planned with lesson plans typed and turned in to me, plus she is just nice with a good sense of humor. She is so mature and with-it. I was such a dope when I was her age...I don't know how anyone put up with me. She has great classroom management, she thinks the kids are hysterical, she is positive and upbeat, and she loves Harry Potter so we occasionally have terrific magical conversations using words like 'hippogriff' and 'portkey'. Why can't they all be like this?

5 comments:

Lydee said...

THAT IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't like you anymore. LOL!
Just kidding.
Actually, I'm still bitter.

Mary Kathryn said...

She does sound like a dream. Those student teachers are few and far-between. But, maybe the good old U is preparing them better nowadays so you'll see more of the good ones. I am with you, too - I was a total dolt during student teaching. God less you, CB!!! I showed up for the school's spring dress rehearsal in jogging shorts. It was a show for the students/staff of all of Mountainview. I was so embarassed and CB was so kind, she didn't say a word. Why did I ever think it would be okay to wear shorts to school?? I stayed there and conducted my stuff, all the while looking like a total idiot.

Mary Kathryn said...

....meant to say God BLESS you. Need to proofread the ol' comments.

Anonymous said...

What a nice treat for you- making for an easier transition "back to school." If it had gone the opposite way, it would be that much harder on you.

Heidi Ho said...

Jenn..you deserve a good one! It's been a while since I've heard of a student teacher with that much "withitness". Yippeeee for you.