Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Foreshadowing?

I called home this morning to remind Danny that today is April Fools' Day and to play a joke on Suenamaw (the classic, "there's a bug on your head" joke). I told him to take the phone with him so I could hear him do it. Here's how it went:

Danny: Suenamaw, I have an April Fools' Joke for you.
Suenamaw: OK, what is it?
Danny: There's a bug on your hair.
Suenamaw: Where?
Danny: April Fools!

Kind of lost some of the surprise factor with that interpretaion. I think they call that "foreshadowing" in literature/the theatre.

And, unfortunately, I can't do my usual April Fools' joke on Kevin this year: "I have something to tell you...I'm pregnant." Because I actually am this year.

Anyone playing some good jokes this year?

Here's a great one a teacher friend played on her husband one year: They were trying to sell their house and she called hubby from school to tell him that a "Mr. Lyon" called about buying the house and to call him back at such-and-such number. The number was actually the Pittsburgh Zoo, so when hubby called and said, "Could I speak to Mr. Lyon?", the person answering the phone said, "Would you like to talk to Mr. Tiger and Mr. Elephant too?" Awesome!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Mary Kathryn said...

I LOVE that Mr. Lyon one. I have remembered that one ever since you first told me about it and have re-told it often.

No good jokes here; joke's ON us, with the sick munchy.