Sunday, September 21, 2008

What the...?

So, I came home from school one day about a week or two ago and began pouring milk for the boys. Ben took a pan out of the cupboard to the right of the stove and kind of turned around to walk toward me. As he did so, he barely tapped the front of the oven door with the pot. I swear he only tapped it. And then, this happened:

The glass on the front of the oven door broke into a million tiny pieces. Kevin and Danny were in the living room, Ben and I were standing amidst the pieces. No one said a word. No one moved. We all just stared at the thing. Finally Ben started to whimper. We just couldn't believe it did that.

Don't you think oven glass should be a bit stronger than that? I mean, honestly, should it break if you barely tap it?

Well, we ordered new glass and my dad came and fixed it. Now all is well, but I guess I have to make sure Ben doesn't graze the oven door with anything. He is single-handedly destroying our house little by little. We're still shaking our heads over this one.

5 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

Ooo - I have been waiting for this post since hearing about that thing. MAN. What a mess. I had pictured just an oven window breaking (which would have been bad enough) but that IS the whole thing!! Glad you could get glass for it and avoid having to purchase an entire new one. I also love what you told be about Danny's reaction - "Our oven is WOOend!"

Mary Kathryn said...

told ME, that is. Aargh. typos.

Arlene Bennett said...

I hope whoever you got the oven from replaced the glass FREE. It should not have broken that easy.

Rebecca said...

oh.my.gosh. that's crazy!!

Thank goodness he wasn't hurt. Maybe he's really that BamBam baby, from the Flintstones.

Lydee said...

check for recalls. Thank goodness no one go hurt.

Thanks for your kind comments on my pics.